Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Update on Last Week's Post

I can't think about anything interesting to write about this week, so I'll give a short follow-up on last week's post:

After posting this and sharing the link on Facebook, a few of my friends shared the post, and that might be part of why it's currently the most viewed post on this blog. It was suggested that I share the post with the superintendent of LPUSD, or even print it and mail it to the school, but... I spaced that. I wasn't sure anyone from the school would read it, nor did I really think anyone would actually care about the post, so I pitched it to the world and waited to see if any surprises would come up.

Then, a couple nights ago, I was walking home and noticed the sprinklers of the Lone Pine High School lawn weren't soaking the streets and were barely hitting the sidewalks. Last night was the same thing; all the sprinklers started at 11:05 PM, all watering the grass, no jets of water shooting up 20 feet in the air and into the street like they used to.

Was it just coincidental that they dealt with the sprinkler system less than a week after I called them out on wasting water? Did I make a difference in my community with the open letter? Did my writing actually influence someone or something?

I don't know. It's probably just a coincidence.

Still, it's nice they dealt with the water park in front of the high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment